Unable to change target charge level

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gconnell3rd

Let me first start by saying I am a newbie to the EV world. I have a 2020 Chevy Bolt EV with the battery update ( not replacement). I want to try to figure out what happened to my target charge level and why it is stuck at 30 percent (so I only get 60 or 70 miles depending on weather, during, etc). When I try and adjust the Target Charge Level, I toggle it up (+) and it jumps right back to 30 percent, I toggle it down (-) and it goes back to 30 percent. When I first purchased the car a few months ago, it would charge to 80 percent. Also, I have tried charging with wall, Level 2, and level 3 chargers. But even at level 2 or 3 chargers it only charges at the rate of 5 kWh.
Thx for your time and apologies if this has already been addressed in previous posts.

This sounds like a problem that a dealer will likely be the best option. Limitations on charging can be because of a battery issue. If you have resolved this could you please post what was you found out and how it was resolved.

Having the same problem. Got my used Chevy Bolt EV 2021 about 2 months ago and it would charge to 80% but as of today it stops at 28% but says the “target charge” is set to 40% which it won’t let me change. My app does say I need to get the Lithium Ion battery and 12V battery checked.

Having the same problem. Got my used Chevy Bolt EV 2021 about 2 months ago and it would charge to 80% but as of today it stops at 28% but says the “target charge” is set to 40% which it won’t let me change. My app does say I need to get the Lithium Ion battery and 12V battery checked.
I got my car back 2 weeks later, they had to install a completely new battery. I didn’t pick my car up and they didn’t tell my dad what was wrong.

Back