Looking to Install a Viper Alarm on My 2023 EUV

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gatrie1023WIS

I’ve got a two-way Viper alarm system from my last vehicle, and I’m considering installing it in my 2023 Bolt EUV. I wanted to check if anyone here has installed a Viper alarm (or any aftermarket alarm) on their Bolt or EUV, and if there’s anything I should be aware of before going ahead with it.

Are there any specific concerns or compatibility issues when installing an aftermarket alarm system in a Bolt? I’m particularly curious about how it might interact with the existing security features or the electric systems. Would love to hear any advice, suggestions, or personal experiences from those who’ve done this or something similar!

I actually installed a Viper alarm on my 2021 Bolt, and let me tell you, it was an adventure! First off, the electric system threw me a few curveballs. I had to make sure everything was wired up correctly to avoid triggering any weird alerts. The existing security features didn’t seem to mind though, no epic battles between them and the Viper.

The funniest part? I set off my own alarm while testing it, and my neighbors thought I was trying to steal my own car. But once it was in, it worked like a charm. Just double-check the wiring with the EV system, and you should be good.

Back