Installing a wink mirror

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yuka_

I'm planning to install a 5 panel Wink mirror on my Bolt, but it's more complicated than usual. I'm going to have to do some extra work to make it fit. Any suggestions?

Yeah, just be aware that under the headliner there is a void and the stiffening cross that you have used to attach the mirror to is too far back. You have to make a mounting point to droll the holes for the mounting screws otherwise the screws will protrude through the roof, then you have to sand the area, clear it with alcohol and build up a mound of J-B Weld epoxy putty.

Then, put was paper on the inside of the headliner and add more J-B Weld on the mound to fill the void between the roof and the headliner in the spot where you want the mounting bracket to go.

If it's right the headliner will not be deformed when you will tighten the mounting brackets and the small screw holes can be easily fixed when you remove the Wink to sell the car in a couple of years.

I hope it helps.

Back