Charge and range estimate

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fell asleep and left my 2020 bolt plugged in all night with a level 2 charger. The Range Estimator now says 291 miles which should not be possible since maximum range is 238. Any ideas. I did start the car and turn it off again, but it did not change.

I went for a 8 mile drive and turned the AC on high and now it is at 274 miles which should still not be possible.

I went for a 8 mile drive and turned the AC on high and now it is at 274 miles which should still not be possible.
It's entirely possible. The range listed is for average user based on how you drive . I regularly get around 300 miles because most of my driving is local and At slower speeds

I fell asleep and left my 2020 bolt plugged in all night with a level 2 charger. The Range Estimator now says 291 miles which should not be possible since maximum range is 238. Any ideas. I did start the car and turn it off again, but it did not change.
It doesn't hurt anything. The car will shut off when it's fully charged. It's controlled by the charge controller in the car

Thank you for the reply. It is running fine, but my worry is that it will tell me that there is still 50-60 miles of range left, but is actually empty.

Last edited:
{ Oops, posted in wrong place. Can't delete, so editing to 'nil' Sorry. }

Attachments

• 2016_chevrolet_spark_ev-pic-7974523554608253302-296x222.jpeg
    2016_chevrolet_spark_ev-pic-7974523554608253302-296x222.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back