Can Bolts charge at Tesla superchargers yet?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of Sep. 26, 2024, the myChevrolet app did have a "Tesla Supercharger" section in the Public Charging page.
The "Tesla Supercharger" section was added for me on Sep. 27. Other people got this option sooner, but it took longer for me, don't know why.
I ordered the NACS DC adapter. The app said I could use code NACSSHIP to avoid the $8.85 shipping charge, but then I couldn't find a place to enter that code.
Since the myChevrolet app was behaving like a very distracted teenager during the ordering process, I was afraid it would just drop my transaction, and I'd have to start over.
So I just paid the shipping. The confirmation email said:
"We estimate that your products will be available for shipment within 4 or more weeks."

Charged successfully at a Tesla NACS supercharger near me, using the Lectron adapter and the Tesla app. No problem charging, but it took me 5 minutes to get the adapter off the charger cable! I know I'm not as strong as I used to be, but it was significantly difficult to hold the latch button and pull hard enough. I had to plug the adapter back into the car to get some leverage, and kept wiggling the cable until it finally came out. Perhaps applying a little Vaseline in appropriate places would help. I'm writing an email to Lectron.

Helpful post, thank you very much and glad you were able eventually to get the adapter off. I'm certainly looking forward to when NACS ports are built into non-Teslas...

I ordered the GM adapter a few weeks ago via the MyChevrolet app when the Tesla option appeared. At the time I received an e-mail which simply remarked “back ordered” and there has been no communication since. I usually charge at home so waiting isn’t terrible. With holiday driving season coming up though, it would be nice to be able to take advantage of Tesla’s network.

As of Sep. 26, 2024, the myChevrolet app did have a "Tesla Supercharger" section in the Public Charging page.
The "Tesla Supercharger" section was added for me on Sep. 27. Other people got this option sooner, but it took longer for me, don't know why.
I ordered the NACS DC adapter. The app said I could use code NACSSHIP to avoid the $8.85 shipping charge, but then I couldn't find a place to enter that code.
Since the myChevrolet app was behaving like a very distracted teenager during the ordering process, I was afraid it would just drop my transaction, and I'd have to start over.
So I just paid the shipping. The confirmation email said:
"We estimate that your products will be available for shipment within 4 or more weeks."
I have to agree that the ordering experience via the app was pretty bad. There were several screens to deal with and they were slow to load. I recall that applying the shipping discount code was pretty non-obvious snd there wasn’t feedback until the final step if the code was applied.

If I were GM, I would probably want to sell the adapters via an Amazon store and simply send customers a coupon code to use there. The Chevy way of doing things apparently is set up so dealers get a cut of the action like you ordered at their parts counter. I checked several zip codes and the price of the adapter was the same no matter what, but I found over $100 variation in the price of the PowerUp Charger home EVSE depending on the zip code used in the parts search even if you had it sent directly to your home address.

Back