Support for rear cargo shelf-floor?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I like the "shelf" (false floor) in the rear of my Bolt that lets me store things underneath it. However, when transporting my dogs around with the false floor up and the rear seats down, the floor collapses when weight is put on the floor shelf from an angled direction.

There are two holes to the side of and directly underneath the false floor - they look like places to insert support rods that would hold up the shelf at all angles and prevent the floor from collapsing from angled weight. Are there such support rods, and was my car supposed to come with them?

drp90210 said:
Are there such support rods, and was my car supposed to come with them?

I've got the false floor but there are no "supports" for it that I know of. Think it would be hard to position and keep any support rods place.

My suggestion would be to fabricate a 3D FRAME out of wood or maybe plastic tubing that can be placed below the false floor so that it can support the entire weight of your dogs on top of it regardless of how they move around.

It would take up most of the room under the floor but you could probably still store things in and around the frame.

sgt1372 said:
My suggestion would be to fabricate a 3D FRAME out of wood or maybe plastic tubing that can be placed below the false floor so that it can support the entire weight of your dogs on top of it regardless of how they move around.
I don't have a Bolt but I imagine a single board of the appropriate width stood on its side and cut to fit snugly across the diagonal of the bottom part of the trunk would provide pretty decent support for the false floor.

Back