Screen wouldn't turn on!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjim

Just drove 30 miles without the screen coming on. Did multiple restarts. Had my iPhone plugged in and not plugged in. parked it. Lights came on while I was having breakfast in the restaurant. Screen still wouldn't turn on. Now screen came back but only get air conditioning when set at 83°. Amber please just don't ask me to call you or write you. Let the owners know what we can do without having to bring our car back into the shop. Please. Thank you

Was your car built before February 6? There is a software update available that fixes multiple bugs in the infotainment screen software including having the screen go black. Unforunately, the update has to be done at a dealer. The service bulletin is 17-NA-071.

Until you get it fixed, you can reboot the infotainment screen computer at any time if it flakes-out by pressing and holding both the "fast forward" and "home" buttons next to the volume knob for at least 10 seconds.

I'm pretty certain my car was built after Feb. date you indicated. And great to know how to reset screen. When I bring it in for service I'll pass along your info. Thx you!

Welcome to the club. When mine went dark, I was able to restart it by powering the car Off, then holding the Home and FF buttons while turning On with the Power button.

Check the production date on the door jamb sticker at the drivers door. If the car was produced before 2-6-17, have the dealer update it.
Refer to 17-NA-071 when talking to the dealer and have them add that TSB number to the repair line so the tech will get the info.

jimmyjim said:
Just drove 30 miles without the screen coming on. Did multiple restarts. Had my iPhone plugged in and not plugged in. parked it. Lights came on while I was having breakfast in the restaurant. Screen still wouldn't turn on. Now screen came back but only get air conditioning when set at 83°. Amber please just don't ask me to call you or write you. Let the owners know what we can do without having to bring our car back into the shop. Please. Thank you

Hi jimmyjim!

I can completely understand how inconvenient and undesirable it can be to take your vehicle into the dealership. However, I as I am not mechanically trained, I am limited in the kind of information/insight I can provide. I do rely heavily on our certified dealers to be my eyes and ears in the field, so that I may ensure the information/assistance I provide is appropriate for your current concerns.

We would recommend bringing your Bolt EV into your servicing dealer to have them run a quick diagnostic test and ensure that the necessary update has been applied to your vehicle. If this update hasn't been done yet, they can get that taken care of and square everything away.

As always, our offer to assist you throughout this process and connect with your dealer on our end, still stands. We'll just need your VIN, contact information, vehicle mileage and dealer name to proceed. Due to confidentiality/privacy restrictions (please see https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html), we'll need that information provided via private message or email ([email protected]).

Warm Wishes,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Back