My Inquiry About the Bolt Automatic Braking

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I was reading about the Chevrolet Bolt electric and find it very interesting. Are there any options on the Bolt to get a model without the automatic forward braking system installed? I like almost everything I read about the battery electric car except the automatic forward braking system.

In my reading I am also finding there is no way to turn off the automatic forward braking system like in some other models of cars.

What are you referring to? Are you asking about the one-pedal approach that brings it to a stop without applying the brake pedal?

If so, that function is optional and selected with the gearshift. If you put it in "L" you get strong regeneration and the car will come to a full stop without brake pedal. If you put it in "D" is feels pretty much like every other car with an automatic transmission.

The OP may be talking about the Forward Collision Alert system, which includes low speed automatic emergency braking, and Front Pedesterian Detection & Braking. Those systems are only available on the Premier with the Driver Confidence II package.

It is possible to turn those functions on/off as necessary, or just have alerts and no automatic braking.

Electric said:
I was reading about the Chevrolet Bolt electric and find it very interesting. Are there any options on the Bolt to get a model without the automatic forward braking system installed? I like almost everything I read about the battery electric car except the automatic forward braking system.

In my reading I am also finding there is no way to turn off the automatic forward braking system like in some other models of cars.

Low speed automatic braking is only included with the Driver Confidence 2 package (which is only available on the Premier with all other options except for DC fast charging and extra cost colors). You can get a Bolt with all options except the Driver Confidence 2 package.

You can also turn off or on the low speed automatic braking on cars that do have it.

Thanks for the great answers. The Chevrolet Bolt may be a future buy of mine. Right now I am driving a Mitsubishi Mirages with about 25,000 miles on it. I am getting around 40 to 42 miles per gallon but I would prefer to not have to buy gasoline. The Bolt is definitely on my list as a possible future buy now.

The Bolt option structure is fairly simple, with six basic levels:

1. LT with no options
2. + Comfort and Convenience (heated front seats, auto dim mirror)
3. + Driver Confidence I (some parking aids)
4. Premier (bunch of stuff)
5. + Infotainment (wireless charging, upgraded stereo, rear USB chargers)
6. + Driver Confidence II (low speed autobrake, forward collision warning, pedestrian warning, etc.)

Standalone options with any of these levels:

DC fast charging capability.
Three of the eight colors are extra cost colors.

Back