My drive from San Jose area to Santa Barbara

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prashthy

Hi all,

I drove the Chevy Bolt EV from Santa Clara to Santa Barbara over the long weekend and thought I'd share my experience.

My route started out straightforward, but ended up with a detour because of a broken charger:
Santa Clara --> King City ---> Buellton ---> Goleta --> Santa Barbara

On my return it was
Santa Barbara ---> King City ---> Santa Clara

Started with full charge (my Bolt showed range as 275 miles when I started, it corrected itself fairly rapidly in about 30-40 miles, however).

View attachment IMG-7502.JPG

My first stop was at King City, CA. I used the 24Kwh fast DC charger at Keefer's Inn. Here is the mileage that I had remaining when I got to King City:

IMG-7503.JPG

And here was the battery stats:

View attachment IMG-7505.JPG

Charged at King City for 1 hour (20.7 Kwh):

For some reason, I am unable to attach more than 3 pictures to this post on the mychevybolt.com forum. So, not sure if I can add the other pics that would have been helpful for this post.

Next time, there's a 50kw charger in San Luis Obispo and a 33kw charger in Gilroy.

They're EVGo chargers which sometimes cap you at 30 minutes though so be careful. I live in Pismo and have family in Los Gatos so I'm watching for all the DC Fast Chargers going active between here and there.

I think it's an active route that will get more chargers very soon. Watch for DCFCs going live off Betteravia in Santa Maria soon.

Back