Bolt EV Heater’s Not Working While Driving

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royal2512

I'm dealing with a bit of a head-scratcher with my Bolt EV. The cabin preheat? Spot on! But when I'm actually driving, the heater’s kind of taking a nap. The blower’s doing its thing, but the air? Not warm at all.

I’m thinking maybe there’s a temp sensor acting up? Anyone else run into this or have tips on how to troubleshoot it before I hit up the dealer? Thanks!

To help troubleshoot your heater issue in your ride, I recommend checking a few key settings. First, ensure that the heat function is activated, as it's essential for getting warm air, regardless of your temperature setting. I once had a similar experience where the air felt cold because I hadn't activated it. Also, make sure that the recirculation setting is turned on; heating cold air is inefficient, and without it, your cabin might not warm up as expected. Lastly, check if the dash fascia ducts are activated, as recirculation will be disabled if they’re not. These simple adjustments can significantly improve heating performance while you're driving. Please let me know if it helps

I'm dealing with a bit of a head-scratcher with my Bolt EV. The cabin preheat? Spot on! But when I'm actually driving, the heater’s kind of taking a nap. The blower’s doing its thing, but the air? Not warm at all.

I’m thinking maybe there’s a temp sensor acting up? Anyone else run into this or have tips on how to troubleshoot it before I hit up the dealer? Thanks!
What year is it? The reason I'm asking is my 2017 does the same thing unless I push the "auto" button that sits in the temperature adjust knobs.

Back