Attaching front license plate

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morbolt

I'm at a loss? I don't see any place to screw in the plate. Can anyone send me a link to a resource that helps, I can only find links to the volt, maybe its the same? This feels like a stupid question, so I expect many folks to have the simple answer. Best, peter

Thanks, we planned on seeing the dealer as a less convenient option. I think we'll leave it there.

In front-plate-required states, the front plate mounting should be included and installed by the dealer before delivery.

I did my own. It was in a bag in the trunk. Used a 17/64 drill bit. Lined up front holder and marked holes. Then drilled them out. Used a pop robot gun and pop riveted them in. Done. But it should be done by the dealer. I enjoy doing these things so I did it myself. I am a hands on kind of guy, helps in dating life too.... ;)

I found license plate holders on ebay which screw into the tow-screw on the front of the car, but I cannot verify of the Tow-screw on the Bolt is the same as the ones in the these Chevy cars. Can someone please verify this?

Tow-screw license plate holders fits these Chevy cars:

2016 Chevrolet Suburban LS Sport Utility 4-Door

2016 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ Sport Utility 4-Door

I have confirmed the Tow-screw on the Bolt is the same as the ones in the these Chevy cars.

Tow-screw GM part # 95226685 .

Tow-screw license plate holders fits these Chevy cars:

2016 Chevrolet Suburban LS Sport Utility 4-Door

2015 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ Sport Utility 4-Door

I have taken some detailed measurements of our Bolt's tow bolt and believe this one will fit. I should have mine in about a week and will report back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291972718770

s-l1600.jpg

Now why would you WANT to do that?
Besides looking funny it is going to totally ruin your aerodynamics and your range will be less.

This is best.
(and free)

IMG_1413.JPG
image.jpg

For 11 bucks, I'll take that bet and do some tests and get back to you. I prefer not to drill holes in the front of my car.

Well drat. I got the license plate holder with the tow screw, it was made for a Hyundai vehicle which I knew going into this purchase,.

The bolt pattern is exactly the same, the same width and thread, however the thread is reversed. It will not fit on the bolt.

Well, only spent 11 bucks so no big deal.

I have another guy which is custom making me one for 60 bucks.

Back