Anyone caught with their pants down?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil0909 said:
MichaelLAX said:
Educate me here: what does the MyChevy app do for me in the situation of when I am running low on juice, other than find charging locations for me and sending them to the OnStar Nav?

I've never run low on juice, so others surely know more than I. But it gives you SOC to within 1%, and has a roadside assistance request function, along with the 'find charging station' function you already mentioned. I didn't even know it had that.
You mean this screen is accurate within 1% and is more accurate than the one in the Bolt EV itself?

On another topic I just do not see the value of their WiFi after using it for 90 days. I have T-Mobile and they offer ATT terresteral which is what T-Mobile roams to. If they offered satellite, YES!

Attachments

• IMG_4213.jpg
    IMG_4213.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 4,961
MichaelLAX said:
You mean this screen is accurate within 1% and is more accurate than the one in the Bolt EV itself?

Yes. Technically, the app and the car's dashboard fuel gauge are equally accurate, but the dashboard is less precise, showing SOC (graphically) in 5% increments, rather than 1%.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
There's a % readout in this app? I don't see it.

Yes, in that app, on that very screen. It is right above the blue charge bar, on the far right side of the screen. Your screen shot shows "Full", where mine currently says "62%". My battery has never been full since the day I bought the car, so I've never seen the word "Full", but always see a percentage.

Back