Problems with Apple Maps (Carplay)

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

When I use Apple maps for directions in an unfamiliar neighborhood, I've noticed that it notifies you of a left turn too late for you to actually turn. On some busy streets, the left turn lane (or lanes) may be 200 or more yards long. Maps notifies you to turn about 150' before the intersection. By then the turn lanes are filled, and you can no longer make the turn. Anyone have a solution?

MichaelBornstein said:
When I use Apple maps for directions in an unfamiliar neighborhood, I've noticed that it notifies you of a left turn too late for you to actually turn. On some busy streets, the left turn lane (or lanes) may be 200 or more yards long. Maps notifies you to turn about 150' before the intersection. By then the turn lanes are filled, and you can no longer make the turn. Anyone have a solution?
My solution is to pay enough attention to the map so that you know what the next turn is going to be well in advance of it, rather than just blithely driving and waiting for the voice to tell you what to do.

Mind you, I use Android Auto and Google Maps so it may be that the next turn direction isn't as easily read on Apple maps.

Back