Need Help Resetting Chevy BoltTire Pressure Monitor System

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinNYNY

I’m having a bit of trouble with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) on my 2023 Chevy Bolt and could really use some advice. After noticing that the tire pressures on the display seemed a little off, I tried resetting the system using the button on the steering wheel. it doesn’t seem to change or reset the readings. I’m starting to wonder if I’m missing a step or doing something wrong.

I’ve gone through the usual steps. I started pressing the button on the steering wheel when viewing the tire pressure screen, thinking it would reset the system. But so far, nothing has happened. I’m still seeing the same pressure readings. I’ve even double-checked the manual but didn’t find any clear guidance for this issue. I’m hoping there’s an easier or more specific method for resetting it.

Has anyone else had this issue? Maybe I’m overlooking something simple, or maybe there’s a trick to it that I don’t know. If anyone has a step-by-step explanation or knows how to reset the TPMS properly, I’d be grateful for the help! 🙏

The answer is “it depends.” Some OBD-II scan tools aare able to do TPMS reset. That also sounds like something the dealer should be able to do for you with coverage under the new car warranty.

Back