My grandpa's experience with EVs

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BridgeT

At 72 years old, my grandpa has been driving a Bolt EUV for a month now, and he’s amazed by how much he still has to learn about it. He’s got the basics down, settling into the seat, gripping the wheel, and using a few settings. Now he’s starting to explore the many features and settings available, he told me how in his younger days, he knew everything there was to know about his cars.

What's interesting is that he built his first cars from salvaged parts and took automotive and computer programming classes at the local community college. He even learned about, electronics, and vehicle repair at a vocational school, so my grandpa is quite savvy but he’s knows that many of his fellow seniors might struggle with electric vehicles. He lives in a small senior community, and he’s tried to get his neighbors to switch from expensive cable TV to better streaming services, but they often find it challenging to learn new things without help. Some of them can grasp the basics of a smartphone, maybe an app if someone else sets it up for them. But he doubts they might get it with EVs, he loves his neighbors, and there is a sweet old lady that can’t help but smile when she sees him, I think she has a crush on him! :ROFLMAO:

Is there any senior who drives an EV? I would love to hear your experience.

Back