Is this normal?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WndlB

I ordered my Bolt (Premier, DC2, Infotainment, fast charge) on July 17, and the order was accepted. I was told to expect it in 6 to 8 weeks. The next thing I heard, it was to be built the week of August 7. Now, on August 21, I am informed that it is built, but awaiting transportation. I am informed that transportation, by rail, from Lake Orion to Hastings, Minnesota, will take up to two weeks. That takes it to Labor Day. The time from the transload facility in Hastings to the dealership, Jeff Belzer Chevrolet in Lakeville, Minnesota, plus any 'dealer prep' time after transportation, has not been specified.

My question is: is this timing normal? Or am I getting slow-walked because I made this purchase though the Costco program/pricing?

It sound about right for the build outs that were being quoted in December/January when I took delivery of my Bolt EV on January 3rd; although the gap between the order on July 17th and the build on the week of August 7th might be a little slower. That of course could be that now the Bolt EV is available in all 50 states and in my day it was only available in California and Oregon.

I have to assume that the Costco program requires them to be built out specially, as they probably have no direct connection to a dealer!

I put down a cash deposit in July 2016 at my dealer, told them my preferences (everything!*), honed them down in November, when the system became hot to dealers online and took delivery the day it was delivered to my dealer on January 3rd.

Although some Bolt EVs were delivered to my dealer in late December, it turned out I was the first Bolt EV off the lot at that dealership!

So, to answer your question, you are probably paying a price in time delay due to it being Costco and not a dealer, but hopefully, you are getting a good consideration in price for purchasing through Costco.

*Still waiting for that internal Nav promised by GM CEO Mary Barra at her 2016 CES Keynote Bolt EV Rollout speech!!!

(Costco, probably like AARP and credit unions, works through a (limited, supposedly selected) network of dealerships.)

Back