Infotainment wonkiness

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi there, this is my first post, so please forgive me if this has already been posted. I tried to search for it but didn't see anything.
I've had my Bolt for about a month. Currently I'm experiencing some problems with the infotainment system and wanted to find out if they were known issues or if I should schedule a service call. I'm running the latest version of the software ( that I know of - 14.1 ).

1. Bluetooth connectivity - This appears to be a problem on the forums ( based on a cursory search ). I have a Galaxy Note 3 and my phone is constantly disconnecting during calls. It's gotten to the point where I can no longer take / make calls in the car as it's always wigging out.

2. First / Second Preset bug - On my car, I cannot set the 2nd preset for the radio. If I set it, it resets to "0.0" after the car reboots. I can also not get to the favorite in the first position. If I click it, it will just stay on whatever preset is currently set. It will look like it's going to change, but then immediately changes back to whatever channel you were listening to. If I manually type in the frequency for the favorite stored in the first position, it will light up and the radio will tune to it, but otherwise, cannot get to it.

I've had 2 Volts and a 16 Malibu limited ( my temporary vehicle until the Bolt was out ). The infotainment systems in those have been rock solid, but this one has been awful.

Thanks,
Jayson

Yes, I've gotten #1 a lot, and am finding it too broken for phone calls. I am also running v14.1, and this problem seems to have gotten worse since I updated from v13. I generally don't use the presets, so have no info on #2.

If you truly enjoy beating your head against a wall, then yes, you should definitely take it in for service. If you prefer to save yourself a huge amount of frustration dealing with Chevy dealer service, then I recommend you just wait for a while.

I was having a similar problem with number 2 as well. In my case it was radio preset #3. I fixed it by deleting the preset and moving it to another location. Whatever ended up in that #3 spot seems to be happy, and where the problematic station ended up seems to be happy.

Can't speak to the Galaxy Note 3 Bluetooth issue as I have an iPhone. However, the iPhone is not perfect and I recently had an issue where I was listening to music via Bluetooth and suddenly the iPhone disconnected itself. This is the first time in 1700 miles and 3 months of ownership that this is happened, so I'm not too concerned. I am running 14.1.0 software.

Back